It’s that time of year again. Flowers are starting to bloom, birds are singing, and allergy sufferers everywhere are running for the Claritin. Spring is a time for renewal, freshness, and… Cleaning! What is it about spring that makes us want to scrub the dust off of everything and let the sun shine in? Whatever the cause, it feels good to freshen things up a bit, right? This year, don’t stop at sprucing up your physical space, look to your online spaces as well.
Your social profiles are a look into your business’ personality. Ensure that you’re giving the right first impression and putting your best foot forward. Here are some quick and easy suggestions for getting some fresh air (and eyes) on your social spaces:
- Facebook – Take a look at your interactions on your page, and think about what you could be doing better. Fresh images, more conversation, and a great contest are all easy ways to increase traffic to your page. The more eyes on your business, the better chance at conversion!
- Twitter – How long have you had that background? Are you posting the same stuff you always post? Switch it up a bit. Make an effort to engage with your followers more, you won’t regret it.
- Blog – Even the freshest blog designs get a bit stale over time. Give your blog an overhaul, and watch the page views start climbing. Check widgets and links to make sure they still work properly, update images, verify that your code is up to date, and verify that email addresses on your site are all pointing to current employees.
- Image Sharing Sites – Whether you share business-focused photos and videos, or more personal images, get some new images out there. If you want people to share your photos, make them worth sharing. Great scenery, inspirational quotes, a fresh version of your logo, even pictures of your office space. People want to see what you’re up to. Show them. (Maximize your efforts by sharing the same photos here that you’re sharing on Facebook and your blog.)
- News – While you obviously don’t have control over news outlets, you can nudge them in the right direction when it comes to talking about your business. Issue a press release talking about why your business is one to keep an eye on in the upcoming months. Make sure it’s newsworthy to avoid annoying your audience.
Do you have any quick tips for cleaning up your online presence? We’d love to hear them in the comments!