When I shared our $1M ROI infographic, I was asked if I could expand on how different departments and skill sets could benefit by using a social media monitoring tool such as Trackur.
I’m always happy to oblige!
So, up first, we’ll take a look at some of the ways HR (human resources, personnel, hiring managers etc) can benefit from monitoring social media.
- Monitor the name of a potential employee and you’ll go beyond what they are saying, but what others are saying about them!
- With Trackur, you can monitor your company brand, but refine it to only show mentions that include the name of a potential hire. Are they bad mouthing your company before they’ve even started?
- Maybe you’ve not actually identified a candidate yet. Why not use social media monitoring to look for those discussing your industry and find candidates with the most influence and clout?
- Do you have key employees that talk to bloggers and journalists on a regular basis? Get notified on anything they say and make sure they’re not overstepping the company line.
- Employees don’t like to be spied on, but employers shouldn’t have to worry about their public behavior having a negative influence on the company’s reputation. Small companies could monitor the online activity of all employees, but larger ones might have to pick those that have already been disciplined for unruly behavior.
- Why not monitor your company name for any signs of disgruntled employees? Or, look for updates from staff that mention taking a sick day from your company to go fishing. 😉
- Look for any ex-employees violating any non-competes by monitoring the hiring news of your biggest competitors.
- Likewise, keep an eye out for any disgruntled ex-employees bad mouthing your precious reputation.
- HR professionals would also be wise to monitor industry news and legal updates for the human resources industry. Stay on top of new trends and developments.
- Why not also keep a look out for any upcoming industry conferences that could offer a wealth of potential new hires.
As you can see, there’s a great many reasons why social media monitoring tools should be extended to your company’s HR department. With Trackur’s Premium or Ultimate plans, you can set up separate Profiles for your HR folks so they can track what’s important for them!