How would you like to achieve a 4 or 5 star review on Amazon?
Not just a single review–or even just a handful of 5-star reviews–but 1,911 perfect scores out of a total review count of 2,439!
As I often tell audiences in my presentations, customers don’t just flock to the web to leave positive reviews. If they’re pissed, sure they’ll find a way to leave a negative review, but if they are delighted with your product or service, they need a little prodding.
Here’s a great example from Eat Smart:
Let’s break down why this is the perfect way to achieve 5-star review status on Amazon, Trip Advisor, or just about any review site.
1. Momentum – Eat Smart didn’t want to just hope you’d leave a review, they actually asked!
2. Direction – The company knows that Amazon is the key to its success, therefore it directs you where to leave a review.
3. Concern – Not happy with its products? The flyer informs you that Eat Smart wants you to be 100% satisfied and provides a dedicated email address and telephone number should that not be the case.
4. Instruction – They give the consumer explicit instructions on how to leave a review for the product just purchased.
5. Gratitude – The company thanks you for your business and reminds you that if you have any problems, they are there to help.
Just about perfection, right? Notice that everything guides the consumer towards a 5-star review, without actually having to ask for one. After all, if you are unhappy, you’ll contact the company direct. If you are thrilled, then you’re likely going to want to leave a positive review.
How are you encouraging positive reviews of your company?